Angela is an accomplished acupuncturist experienced in musculoskeletal ailments, women’s health and mental health issues, with a special interest in fertility.
Under Bachelor of Health Science (Acupuncture)
* Foundations in Kiiko Matsumoto Style Acupuncture
* Kiiko Matsumoto Style Acupuncture for Kids & Adolescents (7-18yrs)
* Latest Developments in Kiiko Matsumoto Style Acupuncture
* The Wisdom of Master Nagano Seminar – Part 1 Master Nagano’s Diagnostic Methods via Pulse, Chanel/Hara Palpation and other clues + Treatment Methods and Needling Techniques of Master Nagano (Phase 1: Introductory) :Tsuyoshi Shimamura
* The Wisdom of Master Nagano Seminar Series – Unique Japanese Acupuncture Strategies the Treatment of Cancer: Tsuyoshi Shimamura
* Menarche to Menopause: Tsuyoshi Shimamura
Since graduating as an Acupuncturist, Angela has furthered her education in all aspects of acupuncture but in particular with a focus on Japanese style. Japanese acupuncture is an extremely gentle but highly effective form of treatment, using very fine needles, which are inserted very shallowly or not at all. Needling usually remains shallow, about 1-2 mm, without the need to manipulate, relying rather on location, the direction of the needle and the breath to create the required effect. At other times the needles do not even penetrate the skin. Points are located by palpating (touch) and patients verify immediately the effect. Patients may experience little more than a sensation of warmth or tingling during the treatment. The whole treatment is very relaxing, leaving the patient with a sense of calm and wellbeing.
Acupuncture has a very long and proven history of effectively helping with problems of pain, mobility and general function of the whole body’s system. When there is pain, weakness, restriction in movement, nerve impingement, injury, poor wound healing and fatigue. Acupuncture helps with circulation and blood movement to help nourish the body, promoting healing and repair the disharmonies which have attributed to the problem.
• Back pain/lumbago/sciatica
• Shoulder & neck pain
• Sports injuries
• Degenerative joint disorders
• Natural fertility and IVF support
• Pregnancy & birth
• Postpartum care
• Menstrual disorders
• Headaches & migraines
• Fatigue incl. chronic fatigue syndrome
• Weak immune & digestive system
Angela’s inspiration lies in providing her patients with the knowledge and tools to live a healthier and happy life.
Angela would love to help you be the healthiest version of you – call our team on 07 3367 0337 to make an acupuncture appointment with Angela at Brisbane Natural Health today.