Kangaroo’s bound free their whole lives giving them an amazingly healthy and muscular physique. Choosing kangaroo meat is an excellent way to increase your red meat protein and it is also a good source of omega 3.
- 400g kangaroo mince meat
- 1 clove of garlic- shredded
- Spice mix: 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp Italian herb mix, salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- Flour- enough to achieve a sticky consistency (approximately 1 tbsp)
Mix all ingredients well and roll into even sized meatballs.
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 onion- diced
- 2 tbsp tomato concentrate
- splash of red wine
- Spice mix- as above
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp sliced black olives
In a fry pan gently brown onions with rice bran oil. Add meatballs to cook gently but just before ready add diced tomatoes, tomato concentrate, wine, spice mix, sun dried tomatoes and olives. Cover fry pan with lip and let simmer for 20 minutes or until sauce reduces.
Serve with a wheat alternative pasta such as kamut, quinoa or rice and garnish with delicious fresh basil and olive oil. Yum!