Sugar, Dairy and Gluten Free
150g coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons stevia powder, plus extra to dust
a pinch of sea salt
200g cashew butter
4 organic eggs, lightly beaten
2 1/2 teaspoons natural vanilla extract
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons coconut milk (try Lee’s homemade version, recipe in her book)
1. Preheat the oven to 175 C and grease a baking tray.
2. In a bowl, mix together the coconut flour, baking powder, stevia and salt.
3. Warm the cashew butter slightly, then mix with the eggs, vanilla, coconut oil and coconut milk until smooth. Add to the dry ingredients and mix well to form a dough.
4. Roll the dough out between two sheets of baking paper to a thickness of 6 -8 mm. Cut out shapes using your favourite cookie cutter, and place on the greased baking tray. These cookies won’t spread during baking.
5. Bake for 20 – 25 mins, or until cookies are crisp and golden. Leave them to cool on the tray a little before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with extra stevia if required.
Cookies will keep in an airtight container for several days.
Recipe extracted from Super Charged Food by Lee Holmes. Brisbane Natural Health highly recommends this book!