At Shift, we live and breathe health. So of course, with the increased risk of the Coronavirus, we want to ensure we can support you the best that we can.
One of the biggest challenges with this virus is the unpredictability of it. The numbers we are seeing in Australia are still very low, however it is important that we take every measure we can to halt the spread of the virus.
At Shift we are keeping a close eye on the situation and taking measures to keep you safe. At this stage Shift at Brisbane Natural Health remains open. While natural healthcare cannot prevent you from contracting the virus, we know it has a vital role in supporting your general health and immune function.
What we know about COVID-19 is that those that are at risk of death from the virus are mostly vulnerable populations – the immunocompromised, the sick and elderly. We believe that natural health care in the form of the correct dietary recommendations, treatments and specific supplements can help you to be more robust, which can only be a good thing in the case that you do contract the virus.
The most important thing for you to do, is to follow these guidelines that you have undoubtedly seen by now. But in case you haven’t, remember that this is the best form of defence.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 second (hint: this is singing happy birthday to you twice).
- Cough or sneeze into the inside of your elbow, not your hands.
- Avoid touching your face. This can be tricky as we subconsciously do it all the time, but this is how you can pick up the virus and have it enter via your mouth, nose or eyes.
- If someone is coughing or sneezing then maintain at least 1 metre between yourself and them.
- If you have a fever, cough or difficulty breathing then seek help immediately from a GP, who can organise testing.
We also ask respectfully that if you feel unwell at any stage, that you do not visit Shift at Brisbane Natural Health, but contact us so we can discuss what we can do to help you, including virtual options.
For our virtual clients who have only online appointments, nothing will change. If our team needs to become quarantined for any reason, then they will conduct your appointments from home.
For our Brisbane clients, should your practitioner be affected with the coronavirus then we will notify you immediately. Your safety is our highest priority and any team members that are at high risk according to government guidelines will not be able to come into Shift at Brisbane Natural Health for the quarantine period.
For our naturopathic clients, we are able to conduct your appointments either in the clinic or online. For some clients online appointments are preferred at this time, and this is a service we are able to provide to any of our naturopathic clients that wish to take us up on this offer.
Complimentary 15min immune defence plan appointments
While natural health care cannot prevent you from contracting the coronavirus, it certainly can help with general immunity. While there is no research on herbs and supplements on this specific strain of virus, there is plenty of research on herbal medicines and nutritional supplements for similar viruses (enveloped viruses) and for enhancing components of the immune system that can help your body to fight the virus, should you contract it.
In addition to this, if you have been diagnosed or have a suspected case of the coronavirus, we can prescribe you herbal remedies and nutritional supplements to help with the specific symptoms (like supporting lung function for instance).
To book one of these, call us on 07 3367 0337 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will organise this.
In summary, Shift’s immediate action for the coronavirus is the following:
- All naturopathic appointments have the option of being online.
- You have the option of getting your supplements posted to you, or picking them up from the clinic.
- We will be offering complimentary 15min phone appointments for ALL clients with our naturopaths, to discuss options to support your immune system during this time.
- Appointments at our Brisbane clinic are still available as usual, unless notified otherwise.
- Non-naturopathic members who become unwell during this time and must self-quarantine, are able to put their payments on hold, or switch to a naturopathic membership (if relevant) and receive care for the current situation.
We will update you as things unfold, and thank you for your consideration in these crazy times!
One last thing…
At Shift we believe that your thoughts and beliefs have a ripple effect into your health and your life. There is a lot of fear and uncertainty going around currently (and a severe lack of toilet paper). Your inner world affects your outer reality so the best thing to do in these times is to take a cautious approach without getting too caught up in the fear of what may or may not happen. While we do need to take measures to protect ourselves remember that numbers are still very low in Australia and even if you do contract the virus your chance of severe illness is still quite low.
Picture yourself in good health, with a robust immune system, and make your inner dialogue match this reality.
And please reach out if you have any concerns!
In thriving health,
Katherine Maslen and the team at Shift.