Posted by Naturopath Holly George
But I do not want you to sacrifice your health doing it. You are far to precious to not be mindful of the chemical cocktails that your innocent looking moisturisers and lipsticks are dumping into your body.
Every day women (and men) are putting tens of thousands of toxic ingredients onto their skin, and guess what, it absorbs. These can range from hormone disruptors, mood disruptors, inflammatory agents and good old heavy metals that like to hang out in your body causing all sorts of chaos.
I get it, 20 years ago you did not want to wander into a health food store and pick up some dusty bottle of henna that will turn your hair 50 shades of orange. Nowadays though, it is a different story. There is a natural alternative to everything you can dream up! And yes it smells pretty, looks pretty and above all, it does the job.
My top tips for making the change are:
- As each of your old products runs out make a point to find your natural alternative. This makes it an easier financial changeover.
- Find natural products that are in a similar price bracket that you are used to. This generally equates to a similar quality.
- Seek out product testers or contact the company for sample sachets. You want to love the smell and feel.
- Ask around friends or people in the industry with experience to gain more of a product understanding before you buy.
- You can even find natural day spas and beauty salons so that you need not miss out on the little luxuries of life.