The soup we crave when we feel unwell and ought to eat when we are well!
2 tbsp rice bran oil
1 leek, thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves, crushed
3 large carrots, diced
4 sticks celery, diced
1 swede or turnip, diced
1 cup gluten free pasta straw noodles
8 cups chicken stock (try homemade or salt reduced with no added MSG-this is a good one to have in the freezer)
1kg organic chicken legs
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add leak and garlic. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes until soft.
3. Add carrot, celery and swede. Cook for 2 minutes then stir in stock, chicken and 1 cup water. Bring to the boil.
4. Reduce heat to a simmer and leave partially covered, stirring occasionally for 50 minutes.
5. Add pasta and cook for a further 10 minutes or until ready.
Garnish with fresh garden herbs.