1/2 cup raw cashews
1/4 cup raw macadamia nuts
1 cup water
500g organic chicken thigh, thinly sliced
1 large onion, chopped
1tbsp mixed italian herbs
700ml tomato puree or diced tomatoes
Celtic sea salt
1tbsp Organic butter or rice bran oil
500g cooked gluten-free or spelt pasta to serve
- Soak the cashews and macadamia nuts in water, preferably overnight. Add to a blender and blend until a smooth paste (a food processor may do). Your nut cream should be thick but pourable.
- In a heavy based saucepan add the butter/oil and the chicken meat. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove chicken from saucepan and set aside.
- Add chopped onion to pan. Cook until tender then add herbs, and mushrooms. Cook mushrooms until juicy (add a little water if needed).
- Add the chicken back to the pan along with the tomato puree and salt to taste. Bring to the the boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10 mintues.
- Add your ‘cream’ to the pan (as much or as little as you’d like), stir through and then turn the heat off.
- Serve with cooked pasta of your choice – enjoy!