1 large onion, diced
1 carrot, finely diced
1/2 capsicum, diced
1 cup mushrooms, diced
1 organic chicken breast, diced
2 tomatoes, diced
1.4 cup pitted olives, chopped in half
1/4 cup pine nuts
2 tsp paprika
3 tsp sumac
1 tsp chilli powder (or use fresh chilli if you prefer)
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups prepared gluten free corn couscous (available at coles)
1. Prepare cous-cous as per instructions on the box. You will need butter and olive oil to do this.
2. In a large heavy based saucepan, add some olive oil, onoins and carrot. Cook on medium heat until onions have softened.
3. Add paprika, sumac and chilli and stir through.
4. Add the rest of the vegetables and chicken to the pan and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occaisonally.
5. Check that chicken is cooked through. Once done add couscous and pine nuts and stir over a low heat for 2 minutes.
6. Drizzle with olive oil and serve immediately or eat as leftovers if desired.