These biscuits are easy to make and are free from sugar, wheat and dairy. The almonds and oats make them high in protein and fibre too! You’ll need a food processor for this recipe.
1 1/4 cup natural almonds
1 1/4 cup rolled oats
1 1/4 cup wholemeal spelt flour (or organic wheat flour)
1/2 cup (125ml) rice bran oil
1/2 cup (125ml) natural maple syrup
sugar free jam (usually sweetened with fruit juice) – berry or apricot jams work well.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius and line 2 trays with baking paper.
2. Place almonds and oats in food processor and process for 20 seconds on high (or until a fine crumb). Add flour and process briefly to combine.
3. Pour into a bowl and add oil and maple syrup. Stir to combine well.
4. Using a dessert spoon, roll spoonfuls of mixture into a ball. Place on baking paper and press down with thumb so that there is a small indentation.
5. Spoon a small amount of jam onto each biscuit using a teaspoon.
6. Place in oven and bake for approx 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool (biscuits will harden once cooled).